Monday 7 October 2013

The Chase!

Today, it felt like I spent most of my day chasing someone or something.  My little boy, Ethan, recently learned how to crawl.  But beyond that, he learned that he can now escape from the living room, and move freely between other rooms in the house.  This has brought about a huge change in how he understands his world.  It has also meant that a large portion of my day (when at home) is spent chasing him around to make sure that he is not finding himself in harms way, or terrorizing our poor cat, Riley.  He thinks that most of this activity is hilarious, and I often find him crawling down the hall, laughing at the top of his little lungs (which is also hilarious to me too, at least most of the time!).  

In some ways though, I also felt like I was chasing myself today...going from one task to another, trying not to forget little things along the way.  Lists usually help with this, but learning how to balance the lists with the chasing of Ethan has been a learning curve, to say the least.  

All of that being said, and reflected upon, my moment of gratitude is found in chasing Ethan for two reasons: 
      The most important being that he is discovering his world and having a great time doing it!
      And also, that it keeps me in a constant state of learning and being surprised by what we 're learning together.  

I figure that most of my life will be spent chasing after this little boy and joining in his adventures, and that eventually, I might even catch up to him, and maybe even myself :)

Praise be for fun days!


No comments:

Post a Comment