Wednesday 2 October 2013

Oh so Musical...

Today, like most Wednesday mornings, I took Ethan to Kindermusik, a program to introduce young children to music and rhythm.  The 45 minute class usually consists of a hello song, playing different rhythm instruments, singing simple songs, hearing a story, learning some baby sign language and singing a goodbye song.  Our teacher, Miss Emily, is very good with the children, watching their emotional cues, and tailoring the class to especially include things that they seem to like.  

Ethan loves it because he can bop along to the music, and seems to pay special attention to the rhythm and baby sign that we're doing.  My moment of gratitude for today is for this class, and the opportunity I have to attend with Ethan, even though I'm back to work.  It gives me a chance to connect with him and learn with him, using music that I love so much and has shaped so much of who I am.  

So today, I'm thankful for music and all that it offers us, at any age! La la la...



No comments:

Post a Comment