Tuesday 1 October 2013

October...a Year Later, a Year Full of Gratitude

Well, it's been a year since I've posted on here, and so much has changed.  Ethan is now a year old, and we have learned so much over the course of that year.  I'm now back to work, learning how to balance life as a Mom and Minister.  We've had lots of adventures since coming to the Island and are taking life (hopefully) one day at a time.  Today, I've decided to embark on a month long gratitude challenge...that is, to prayerfully and intentionally take time each day to reflect upon something for which I am grateful.  

Today, I had my first meeting with the Elders of my Bedeque congregation.  I can honestly say that I enjoyed the meeting, talking about all that happens here and thinking through all that we have yet to learn together.  I am truly grateful for all of their gifts and both individual and collective wisdom.  I know that, as I discover much of the potential for ministry that is found here, these gifts will become more and more evident.  So tonight, I give thanks for the gift of wisdom and all of the possibility that it holds.

Wisdom to live, wisdom to love, wisdom to walk in the light with God.




No comments:

Post a Comment