Thursday 31 October 2013

First a Pumpkin, Now a Tigger

So tonight being Halloween, I couldn't help but think about how much Ethan has changed since this time last year.  Last year, he didn't really know what was going on, although he was a very good sport, as I dressed him in a little pumpkin hat and bib.  He just kind of sat there, taking it all in, being handed between us and the friends that came to celebrate with us, while we took turns giving out candy to trick or treaters.  

This year was much different.  This year, he was much more alert and was still a great sport, as I dressed him up as Tigger.  We celebrated first by dressing up for his Kindermusik class yesterday.  Then, today, before we dressed him, Scott and I carved pumpkins and he played in some of the mush.  We then got him dressed and headed up the road to two houses where he received his first treats! He tried cheesies and little bites of kit kat bar for the first time and loved it.  And the best part was his excitement when the doorbell would ring and he would crawl out to see who was there with me as I handed out the treats!

This Halloween night, I'm grateful for how much Ethan has changed and for being able to watch him now enjoy so much that brings us excitement and joy too.  Seeing his eyes sparkle as he experiences something for the first time is the most wonderful sight in the world.  On this last day of October, I hope he knows how much he is loved.


                                           Ethan's first Halloween, 2012



Ethan's second Halloween, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment